Understand the adaptations needed for living and working effectively in Belgium.
This customized training, by Ruth Friedman, provides a cultural framework and assists the newly-arrived executive to adapt quickly to his or her new environment while becoming effective as quickly as possible. In addition to helping the expat, his or her family will also receive assistance in smoothly establishing themselves in Belgium.
Top-level executives who work in multinationals are frequently relocated and expected to be immediately effective in their new role. It can be a challenge to adjust to the cultural norms of Belgium. For example, the way decisions are reached, as well as how feedback is given and received, can be subjective to cultural sensitivity.
What you will learn
- You will receive detailed information about Belgian cultural and business norms. Plus, tips for living and working successfully in Belgium.
- This tailored training is customized to meet your needs and interests, both professional and personal. You will also be provided assistance to ensure that your whole family will easily thrive in Belgium. Even your children will be given the opportunity to participate in a youth version.
- Your awareness will increase regarding the impact of the culture on the success of your assignment in Belgium.
- A deeper understanding of yourself and your own cultural preferences will be achieved.
- You will learn how to avoid faux pas, understand situations that may be confusing, avoid difficulties in the future, and become attuned to the new environment.
- Among the many things that you will learn are history, culture, and the people of Belgium. You will become cognizant of how these can influence behaviors in business and social contexts.
- Your communication will improve with people of different cultures and professional backgrounds.
Why should you attend?
- This training provides a framework for a discussion on culture. It also helps the participant understand the adaptations needed for living and working effectively in Belgium.
- This course is supported by access to an online tool which measures an individual’s cultural preferences. This tool helps you to understand your own cultural profile and how to adapt to the new culture. You will gain knowledge of how to thrive in your own place on the cultural map.
- This program may be supported (as needed) by Culture Resource Experts who will address specific needs of the participants and enable training to take place pre-departure if needed.
Who should attend?
If you are a newly arrived executive, then this course is for you. Expat? Welcome to Belgium is also offered to Belgian expats prior to departure. Expert input is given on the culture of their host country and for expats repatriating.
More info or a detailed offer?
Please enter your information below. Explain what you are expecting from us and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Course Name Expat? Welcome to Belgium
- Course Duration One day course = 7 hours
- Course Type In-company training