I never lose. I either win or learn.
This course allows giving feedback based on criteria that are neutral and constructive.
To give and receive feedback in a constructive way is not easy. It is even less so in an international environment where different cultures and levels of language come together. Making sure that what we say is recognized and accepted by our colleagues allows us to work together in the best harmonious way to create the necessary and required results.
There are also global patterns of communication. One of them is that nobody likes to be criticized or attacked verbally in an unjustified way. A wrong word or misunderstanding can lead to a breakdown in communication and unfortunately, even arguments and verbal fights.
What you will learn regarding how to give and receive feedback
In this half-day, hands-on training, participants not only learn the theory of good feedback but experience it first-hand through several exercises. The course handles basic concepts of communication and gives essential feedback such as:
- the conditions to give constructive feedback.
- criteria for good feedback.
- understanding the pitfalls of giving and receiving feedback and how to avoid them.
- exercises so you can experience first-hand the benefits of how to give and receive feedback.
Who should attend?
Training is available for everyone from newcomers to CEOs, and especially for people with direct reports, significant contact with internal stakeholders, clients, or suppliers.
More info or a detailed offer?
Please enter your information below. Explain what you are expecting from us and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Course Name How to give and receive feedback in a multicultural environment
- Trainer Name Sascha Siegmund
- Course Duration Half-day course = 3 hours
- Course Type In-company training, keynote