How to create and maintain good relationships in a polarized, multicultural environment.
This training, by Ruth Friedman, is a business simulation based on the Ecotonos intercultural tool.
The simulation tool has created three diverse cultures. Participants are divided between the three cultures and the simulation begins with several mono-cultural tasks helping the cultures to become developed and realistic.
Later in the simulation, a business case is presented that has to be resolved with the agreement of all three cultures. Negotiation and problem-solving skills across cultures are therefore developed and the Ecotonos simulation:
- increases understanding of how culture impacts problem-solving and decision-making.
- provides a deep immersion into an intercultural experience in a dynamic and fun way.
- increases capacity to negotiate across cultures and to make better decisions.
- deepens understanding of how culture impacts on many levels of professional interactions.
Ecotonos is a practical, hands-on tool that simulates the types of intercultural situations that an organization is facing. Because it is a simulation, participants can also get into contact with real feelings involved in situations of intercultural negotiation and decision-making. It will help them to understand the perspectives of people with a different cultural background and to incorporate cultural values in their decision-making and negotiating.
The simulation will be designed together with the client to ensure that it will be directly relevant to the situations that the client is facing. The training completes with a debrief in order that all the lessons learned from the simulation can be applied to the workplace.
What you will learn through Negotiation and problem-solving skills across cultures
The Ecotonos simulation allows participants to fully immerse into a culture and to interact with participants from other cultures. It is based on Ecotonos which is a tool that had been used for over 20 years and has been proven effective as a tool for building intercultural intelligence.
Ecotonos is an experiential training. Participants will learn to negotiate with people from different cultures, they will build competency to incorporate different cultural values in problem-solving, and learn to handle different attitudes and emotions through problem-solving. They will be able to relate the cultures represented in the simulation with the real cultures that they are working with, including their own.
Who should attend?
This training is recommended for staff who:
- work in multicultural teams.
- work in virtual teams with colleagues based in other countries.
- live and work in a culture other than their own.
- work with clients based in other countries.
More info or a detailed offer?
Please enter your information below. Explain what you are expecting from us and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Course Name Negotiation and problem-solving skills across cultures
- Trainer Name Ruth Friedman
- Course Duration One day course = 7 hours
- Course Type Simulation game